Sunday, June 10, 2012

Positive Thinking- Day 7

Part of the reason I am trying the daily positive posts is because I am married to someone who is a fantastic optimist. I love this quality about him, and it's something I need in my life daily. He truly sees the good in just about any situation, including being in Germany. That being said, I have always been the one in our relationship that is more inclined to get out and try to new things, go places, and visit with people. I have seen a completely new side of him since arriving here!
There have been many days that I just haven't wanted to leave our house (or hotel or apartment) because I didn't want to interact with Germany. He has done such a great job of researching either a fun store to go check out, a restaurant to try, or a place to walk for those times. Before we arrived, he made sure he knew the basic German phrases he would need to get us around and that has been SO important! I didn't realize quite how much we really had gotten adjusted until I was chatting with some people who had been here longer than I had. I was able to tell them to check out Globus for an easy to use grocery store on the economy, Saturn for electronics, and where to get a nice Cuban cigar on base (ok, not necessary for survival but it's sort of a cool thing to be able to get here!). I don't think that I would have checked out the local area quite as quickly if B hadn't peeled me from the house, driven me there, and held my hand through the whole thing. As soon as I mentioned driving to Ansbach yesterday, he mapped the trip and said, "Let's do it!". I am a lucky girl, and I'm so thankful that he hasn't let my grumbling wet his enthusiasm for this experience. So my positive thought for today is that I love the side of my husband that being in Germany has allowed me to see!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful!! It's so great to be able to have adventures with your best friend :)

    ReplyDelete