Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Postive Thinking- Day 2

Well, two days into this little experiment and it's already become a challenge! I should have saved my Monday thought for a day that I had to actually leave my house, because those are the days that I tend to have the hardest time staying positive. Today is especially hard because instead of finding a tick on my dog, I found a tick ON MY WRIST!! Ewww! I had walked the dog, showered, put lotion on- no tick. Then, I blow dried my hair, and poof, there it was! I'm particularly creeped out because this means the bugger was hiding in my hair, and only came out when the heat of the blow dryer scared if off. Guess who will be putting a dryer to her hair every day from here our, regardless of if I washed my hair or not? Yep, this girl! B tried to put things in perspective by reminding me that ticks exist in the US, too, and in fact his sister has pulled 3 off of her dog. Vanessa lives in Georgia though, where it's warm. I live in Germany where it is a toasty 57 on this day in early June. Backfire ;)

Anyway, my positive thought for today is that I really like the use of traffic circles here! The roads here are well traveled, but not necessarily busy enough to constitute a traffic light. So, at intersections in the US which would have one of those pressure triggered lights that would totally stop traffic for 3 minutes at a busy road so 2 cars could turn right , there is a traffic circle! Nobody has to stop, just slow a little, and 5 or 6 different streets can meet up at once. And, for those thinking of the traffic circle nightmare at First and Main Towne Centre in Colorado Springs, people actually use them CORRECTLY here, which makes all the difference in the world! So two thumbs up from this girl for traffic circles, Germany!

1 comment: