Saturday, February 21, 2015

Marry someone who will do the potty dance with you

Right now, B and I are in one of the most exciting, special, boring, mundane, frustrating, happy, rewarding times of our lives- kids:the baby years. Every day is both everything new, and nothing new at the same time. We both love these kids more than life itself, and being their parents bring us so much joy. But man, it is exhausting. Ex.Haus.Ting. I know that's not news to anyone. At the end of so many days, it's all we can do to make sure that we have hugged at least one, kissed at least twice, and said I love you probably a time or two. It's always nice to hear "I love you" of course, but do you know what's nicer? Hearing my husband sing the "pee pee on the potty" song and dance while cleaning out the training toilet after L successfully takes another step in the potty training journey. Sitting on the couch, holding my nursing/sleeping/nursing baby, nothing is sweeter to my ears. So, if I ever am asked to fill in one of those "What advice do you have for the bride?" cards as a game at a bridal shower, my advice will be simple: "Marry someone who will do the potty dance with you". Sure, there are a lot of other criteria that are important but.... this one thing really ranks up there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment